STITCHES IN TIME – Sewing Lessons in Sandton
Learn to sew your own clothes professionally in Sandton with Beverley Hudson (Diploma In Clothing design and Manufacture) (Credits – City and Guilds of London Institute) and 30 years experience in Clothing Design and Sewing.
COURSES in SANDTON:
Our lessons in Sandton are hands on. You are required to bring your own sewing machine, sewing tools and purchase your own patterns, fabric, zips, thread etc as directed.
On offer: Beginner and Advanced lessons and “Brush up” lessons for those who can already sew and would like assistance with projects.
Theory related to projects and notes.
- How to use a sewing machine, parts, needles, thread and maintenance. Equipment required for sewing. Sewing practice (Straight, circular and squares) in preparation for sewing projects.
- Seam and Hem types, buttons and hand hems.Practice on fabric samples.Different types of fabrics and swatches.
- Cut and sew an apron and tote bag.
- How to take Body Measurements and read and adapt commercial patterns, fabric requirements,layout of patterns and dart marking.
- Sew an elasticated waist skirt.
- Theory of binding and gathering and sew a blouse (with sleeves and bound neckline).
- Theory of zip types and sew a pair of pants with zip and facings.
- Sew a dress with zip, sleeves and gathers (incorporating everything learnt in previous lessons).
- Lined Skirt with invisible zip.
- Shirt with collar and cuffs (buttons and buttonholes).
- Pants with fly and waistband.
- Clothing of your choice.
- Working with knit fabrics.
- R350 per lesson ( 3 hours long).
- Lessons are given Monday to Friday mornings from 9am-12pm.Other times on request.
Machines can be ordered from Brother sewing machines on request.
Address: 35 Borrowdale Road, River Club, Sandton, Gauteng